Followers

Thursday, May 31, 2012

15 years...oh my

So, today is my 15 year wedding anniversary! Wow, that is a long time. I think back to that day 15 years ago (which really does not seem that long ago). I was surrounded by friends getting our hair done and Dennis was getting ready at our house, and from what I heard drinking cup after cup of coffee and getting as jittery as anyone could.  We had a sweet and simple ceremony at he Eastland church of Christ. The thing I remember most about our wedding and our vows was the fact that the preacher added my son in the vows, that it wasnt just Dennis and I, but that we were becoming a family. I loved that!  I am not normally a very sappy person, but that made me tear up.  Dennis has been a wonderful husband (much more than I deserve) and a wonderful father.  We have had our struggles along the way, but who dosent.  We have dealt with infertility, money issues at times, we have been through some very scary and serious medical issues, and becoming foster parents, having our hearts broken in that process and healed again.  We are helping a great friend raise his son and have adopted the most beautiful, nuttiest little girl in the world and of course there is "Zeke", my biological son that Dennis adopted when he was 4.  Looking back over it, there has been alot packed into that 15 years. We have been very blessed. I cant wait to see what the next  15 years holds for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment